There are unlimited sources of web hosting providers online. You could just pick one, signup and you’re ready to create your website. However, without checking into the web hosting company’s background you may end up dissatisfied with their services. So, what are the ideal traits of a web hosting provider?
- Customer Retention: More than customer acquisition, a web hosting company that retains most of their clients is considered a good provider. It only states that clients are satisfied and very at ease with the service provided.
- Customer Satisfaction: Listening to the specific needs of each and every customer is the best way to provide them a quality service. Taking these details and delivering to the customers makes them an ideal web hosting provider.
- No Downtime: An ideal web hosting company should strive for a zero rate of downtime, but maintenance and problems will occur. A good hosting company will minimize downtime by carefully planning maintenance and fixing any problems before they cause major server issues.
- Provides Quality Service at a Reasonable Price: An ideal web hosting company doesn’t just offer their services for the highest rate possible but actually offer a quality service for a decent rate. Many hosting companies offer promo pricing or coupon codes to reduce their hosting rates to a level that’s a better deal than most of their competitors and without compromising the reliability of the service they provide.
You can refer to web hosting reviews posted online on review sites and forums as well as referrals from your friends and colleagues to be able to search for the best web hosting provider that you should signup with.
Web Hosting Forums:
- http://www.webhostingtalk.com (there are others, but really WHT is THE web hosting forum on the web today)
Web Hosting Review Sites: